Connecting Science to Cycles and Data
CI Connect offers campus IT organizations connective services for cyberinfrastructure. End-users quickly gain access to shared campus clusters while gaining access to distributed resources of national HPC or HTC facilities (such as the Open Science Grid) or cloud-based resources. CI Connect offers several capabilities based on Globus, HTCondor and other HTC and data sharing technologies that augment your vision of providing scientific computational resources to research communities you support.
Reliable, High Performance CI Services
CI Connect provides services to CI providers at US universities and laboratories following a simple set of principles:
- Leverage the leading provider of reliable file transfer and data sharing services, Globus, which also provides linkage to institutional identity management services (via CILogon and InCommon) as well as group and metadata functions. Integrate Globus services at your institution with new compute capabilities from CI Connect.
- Leverage the proven, distributed high-throughput technologies of the Open Science Grid (OSG) that deliver large-scale science computation over shared, federated computing resources in the US for the forefront particle physics experiments at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Provide wide area computational capabilities: CI Connect services are hosted in a Science DMZ with 100 Gbps network capacity monitored with PerfSONAR-PS tools and dashboards.
- Provide these capabilities as a service following the SaaS model: reduce the on-site demand upon specific expertise in HTC and wide-area networking technlogies, while taking advantage of rapid developments in the community.
Connected environments from hosted services
Resources of a campus cluster (or campus grid) can be virtually extended using the CI Connect service, providing a computing center with a high throughput "overflow" service. Or it can implement bridged campus arrangements to leverage advanced cyberinfrastructure at multiple institutions simultaneously. CI Connect can be used to implement computational and data environments for virtual organizations of science partnerships which span multiple institutions; OSG Connect offers direct access to the Open Science Grid for research groups.
Cycles and Data Virtually in One Place
CI Connect has Stash, a fast, high-volume file storage service to support workflows that bridge local and distributed computing resources. Stash gives researchers a place to stage input data for processing and to write output from their jobs for later retrieval back to their home institution using services such as Globus, Web, or other file transfer and sharing tools.
Take a Tour
To see how your campus or research group can benefit from CI Connect,
- explore how Duke University has adopted CI Connectfor campus bridging and to submit jobs directly to the Open Science Grid,
- learn how end-user researchers from any US-based research program can submit their science workloads to OSG using OSG Connect,
- watch a slideshow on CI Connect architecture and themes,
- or contact us directly at email@example.com.