There are multiple ways to get help from OSG’s Research Computing Facilitators. Get in touch anytime!
Research Computing Facilitators
To help researchers effectively utilize computing resources, our Research Computing Facilitators (RCFs) not only assist you in implementing your computational work on OSG compute resources, but can also point you to other services related to research computing and data needs. For example, RCFs can:
- Assist with planning your computational approach for a research problem
- Teach you to submit jobs via the OSG Connect service
- Help you with troubleshooting on OSG systems
- Connect you with other researchers using similar software or methods
- Point to learning materials for programming and software development
- Help you identify applicable non-OSG data storage options
- Find someone who knows the answer to your question, even if the RCF doesn’t
- … and other helpful activities to facilitate your use of cyberinfrastructure
Get an Account
If you don’t have an account yet, please Sign Up, and we’ll follow up quickly to set up a meeting time and create accounts. If you don’t have an account and have general questions, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (also below).
Help via Email
We provide ongoing support via email to email@example.com, and it’s never a bad idea to start by sending questions or issues via email. You can typically expect a first response within a few business hours.
Virtual Office Hours
Drop-in for live help, starting January 11, 2022!
- Tuesdays, 4-5:30pm ET / 1-2:30pm PT
- Thursdays, 11:30am-1pm ET / 8:30-10am PT
You can find the URL to the Virtual Office Hours meeting room when you log into an OSG Connect login node, or in the signature of a support email from an RCF.
Click here to sign-in for office hours, once you arrive in the room.
Cancellations will be announced via email to those with accounts via the OSG Connect service. As always, if the times above don’t work for you, please email us at our usual support address to schedule a separate meeting.
Make an Appointment
We are happy to arrange meetings outside of designated Office Hours, per your preference. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will set up a time to meet!
The RCF team runs regular new user training on the first Tuesday of the month. See upcoming training dates, registration information, and materials on the OSG Training page.
This page was updated on Jul 20, 2022 at 21:24 from welcome/overview/getting-help-from-RCFs.md.